Pizza, chips, and beer are often the staples of a man’s diet, and although they are tasty, these high-calorie treats may be also what is contributing to your expanding waistline. With the summer right around the corner, it may be time to make some healthier changes. Don’t panic, you don’t have to completely give up your favorite foods to lose weight!
Losing weight does not have to be a big, painful endeavor. By making some simple changes in your lifestyle, you can still shed pounds and look great by summertime! Try following these tips to help you get lean:
- Swap out white for wheat. Switching from white bread, pasta and rice to wheat and whole grain products will increase your fiber intake, which will help you stay regular and keep your blood sugar more stabilized. This will also help curb cravings by keeping you fuller longer and reducing your hunger.
- Trade in juice and Gatorade for water. Juices and electrolyte drinks are packed with sugar and calories, which can hinder weight loss efforts. Instead, choose purified water with some fresh lemon, it contains no calories and will help you stay hydrated and also reduce your hunger. When we become dehydrated, our metabolism becomes sluggish and our energy decreases. To ensure proper hydration and boost metabolism, aim for at least 64 ounces of water per day.
- Get moving! If the thought of going to a gym sounds painstaking, don’t sweat it! There are plenty of other ways to include physical activity without having to step foot in a gym. Try shooting some hoops with the guys, going on a bike ride with your kids, or taking a power walk with your significant other. As long as your heart rate increases during the activity, you are burning calories, which will help you shed those unwanted pounds.
- Make “lighter” choices. You can still enjoy some of your favorite foods, but try to choose the lower calorie versions of them. For example, instead of regular beer, try to choose light beer or try a pizza made with reduced-fat cheese and chicken, instead of pepperoni. Making these simple substitutions will help you save a lot of calories in the long run, which will lead to greater weight loss.
- Don’t forget your Garcinia Cambogia! To maximize your fat loss efforts, be sure to incorporate our 85% HCA Garcinia Cambogia supplement into your daily regimen.
Remember that fat loss is a unique journey for each individual and that you do what works best for you. Results may vary. Don’t forget that the small changes here and there will add up to one big change: A LEANER YOU!