- Set realistic fat loss goals. Don’t set yourself up for failure by expecting to lose ten pounds in a week. Instead, aim to lose one to two pounds a week. Slow and steady fat loss is not only healthier, but easier to maintain in the long run.
- Keep a food diary. When you write down everything you consume, it makes you more aware of your dietary choices. Dieters who keep food diaries tend to lose more fat than those who don’t write down what they eat. Don’t forget to include the amounts as well, which will help with portion control.
Make healthy food choices. While it’s okay to have a “cheat” meal every once in a while, the majority of your meals and snacks should be nutritious. To promote fat loss, it is recommended to eat a variety of nutrient dense foods such as:
- whole grains (whole wheat products, brown rice, oatmeal)
- fresh fruits and vegetables
- lean protein (such as chicken or fish)
- low-fat dairy (such as lite Greek yogurt and reduced-fat cottage cheese)
- healthy fats (such as nuts, avocado, coconut oil and olive oil)
Adults should aim to eat small, frequent meals throughout the day, every three to four hours, to keep their metabolism boosted. It is also recommended to limit or avoid all those bad foods and empty calories that can sabotage your fat loss efforts, such as:
- processed and refined carbohydrates (packaged and prepared meals, white bread and pasta)
- added sugars (found in fruit juice, soda, desserts and pastries)
- artificial sweeteners
- alcoholic beverages
- highly salted and deep fried foods (potato chips, French fries, breaded foods)
It is also very important to drink a minimum of 64 ounces of water throughout the day. To ensure proper hydration and prevent metabolism from becoming sluggish, you should aim to drink half of your body weight in ounces of water (up to 100 ounces).
- Become physically active. Engaging in a regular exercise program is crucial to promote fat loss. A proper exercise regimen should include at least 30 minutes of moderate to high intensity cardiovascular activity three to five times a week, aiming for 150 minutes per week for optimal health benefits. Some ideas for moderate to high intensity cardiovascular activity include:
- power walk or jog
- aerobics classes (Spinning, Step, or Zumba)
- high intensity interval training (HIIT)
In addition, it is recommended to engage in resistance training two to three times a week to increase muscle growth, which can in turn boost your metabolism. The body burns more calories to maintain muscle than it does to maintain fat, therefore, building muscle can help you burn more fat and assist you with reaching your fat loss goals. Be sure to check with your healthcare provider before beginning an exercise program.
- Don’t forget your Garcinia Cambogia. Taking Garcinia Cambogia daily may help shed unwanted pounds and boost fat loss efforts. Garcinia Cambogia is a safe, all-natural, and highly effective supplement that may help you to:
- Reduce Body Fat
- Increase your energy
- Decrease your appetite and cravings
- Eat less
The HCA in Garcinia Cambogia works to block fat production by inhibiting the enzyme ATP-citrate lyase, which your body requires to convert carbohydrates into fat. Garcinia Cambogia may also curb your appetite by increasing the amount of serotonin in the brain, helping you to eat less and lose fat.
Remember that you don’t have to restrict yourself completely to have fat loss success. Making simple changes in your regimen will allow you to adopt better habits over the long run, which in turn will lead to fat loss success.